6 Oct 2010

Getting going

Tonight I discussed my options with Steve and have decided on my way forward. I am studying towards Unit 211 Presenting Photo Images and Unit 305 Photo Image Capture.

I am interested in Urban Landscape, and particularly how our surroundings have evolved, but still retain historical interest. I spend a lot of my time in Hull, where there is a rich diversity of old and new. From a traditional sea port to a modern cosmopolitan city.

After consultation with Steve, I have decided to do one theme about life in Hull generally and the other theme based on the Social and Documentary; Hull's Docks 2010.

For Unit 211, I shall be able to use the images from Unit 305 for presentation.

1 comment:

  1. Hi
    As we discussed I think the running of the two themes will be ideal and give you a faster turnaround of images. You may wish to look at some of martin parrs early work, see me to discuss. Plus you will need to start to undertake more in depth research in the social documentary area as well.
    Also look at other photographers who have documented towns and their communities, etc..

    Steve

    ReplyDelete